Mrs Pam Batchelor - Learning Team Leader
Turepo 3 - Year 7/8
Mr Nigel Seaton
Turepo 1 - Year 7/8
Miss Charlotte Pearce
Turepo 2 - Year 7/8
Miss Briana Millward
Turepo 4 - Year 7/8
- Monday 27th February - Blue Skies - abseilling, climbing wall etc
- Tuesday 28th February - Bowling at Rangiora Bowling Club and Team building on Ashgrove Park
- Wednesday 1st March - Rakahuri Bike track in the morning and Top Team on Ashgrove Park in the afternoon
- Thursday 2nd March - Bowls competition in school hall
- Friday 3rd March - Tramp up Mount Grey
Thanks to all the parent helpers who enable us to run these worthwhile educational experiences for our students.
- Swimming sports at Dudley on Wednesday 22nd February for all students.
- Rakahuri Zone Swimming Sports Monday 6th March
- Boys and girls Cricket teams are playing other schools in the knockout competition.
- Friday night basketball, Tuesday hockey and Monday football will continue. Thanks to the coaches, and managers.
- In Term 2 we have Cross Country and the beginning of Winter Sport
- Term 3 Winter sport continues with Winter Tournament, Ski day at Mt Hutt and Koru Games.
- Term 4 Swimming
Other Events Coming Up
Term 1 - Meet the Teacher 6th March
Literacy Quiz 30th March
Term 2 - North Canterbury Debating competition and Canterbury Spelling Quiz
Term 3 - North Canterbury Chess competition, Cantamaths and Social Studies Quiz
Our senior students are role models around the school we trust that they will make the right choices regarding behaviour and reflect the values of the Ashgrove Stars (Service, Trust, Attitude, Respect and Responsibility). We hope they will accept the challenges for Star tasks to earn badges as set out in their Star Booklet.
All classes go to Technology on Thursdays. Turepo 1 and 2 attend Rangiora Borough 9.00 - 11.30am. They are then bused back to Ashgrove. Turepo 3 and 4 attend Technology from 12.30 - 3.00pm. Their bus leaves Ashgrove at 12.10pm..
Remember to keep an eye on the fortnightly bulletin. It will keep you up to date with what is going on.
It is important to remind students of the uniform requirements for Ashgrove School. In particular, make up, skate shoes and jewellery are an ongoing issue.
Finally, we are looking forward to a productive and exciting year that has a strong focus on building secure relationships and developing students self-awareness and self-confidence.
Thank you from the Turepo Learning Team
Pam Batchelor, Nigel Seaton, Charlotte Pearce and Briana